otrdiena, 2010. gada 12. janvāris

January 13th, 2009… It was a cold day. Something like today.

I remember that everybody was waiting anxiously for the rally on the Dome square. I also went out to see it, however I didn’t hear much of it, cause I was standing pretty far away from the stage, talking to my father, his friends and having a small hidden glass of whiskey… Not that i was not interested in anything that happened around – the sound was not good and the musician on the stage seemed pretty drunk. And pretty empty talks of the representatives of the „new” political movement somehow couldn’t keep my attention.

And then it started… Everyone remembers disorders what happened after the rally. Breaking of windows, throwing stones at police, an attempt to break in the parliament building… I was there as well... pretty close... However not doing anything I mentioned before… I was just watching, taking some pictures and videos with my mobile. Just watching.

Many people say that it was a provocation, police admits it wasn’t ready and despite this, there was actually no real result for all this…
We still have our Saeima despite the calls of the crowd to dissolve it, not much has changed in the political system and the crisis has only deepened. And actually – I’d like to say that Mr/Miss Crisis saved a lot of politicians, because the public attention was somehow taken away from their not-ruling…

The only result is, that there are some people, who are afraid from something like this to happen again. But no worries – our police stands on the guard for us and no violence will repeat… EVER! (Well, it seems, they think so) Well, maybe it won’t repeat because of a deep misery of our society, because of a deep conviction, that no matter what, you can’t change anything… Even the broken window will be changed the next morning… despite the crisis!

January 13th, 2010… a year after…

What has changed? It’s hard to tell, because there is also some kind of hopelessness deep inside, even if it’s not as bad as it could be…
Yesterday I accidentally heard a quote of my colleague: „I work more, I got less money… But… I have a job, and that is a thing that matters!”

It’s damn cruel to realize, that he is not the only one, who thinks so and it means that such a despair will continue. And it’s absolutely stupid to think that something might change after this year’s elections. Because it won’t…
I guess everybody will agree that such a situation can’t last forever. But is there any possibility to make a situation better right here and right now? How long will people just keep working for inadequate money, just to survive? How long will people humiliate themselves and stand this? I don’t know and I suppose, nobody does…

But after all – It was a very good year! And lots of good things have happened, and I’m sure, that this year will be even better! And one thing is for sure – it’s time to stop squeaking!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOYdUq0O6N4&feature=PlayList&p=9789D3E8F077FE70&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=9

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru